Saturday, December 12, 2009

Recycled Crayons....

I have been wanting to make recycled crayons with my kids for a long time. So when I found some silicon muffin molds in holiday shapes in the cheapo section of a local department store, I couldn't pass them up.

So after all the crayons were stripped, the kids and I had a blast melting them down into fun shapes.

DSCF4830
Snowflakes (These are my favorite!)

DSCF4832
Christmas Trees

DSCF4831
Snowmen

DSCF4833
Ornaments, Bells, Stars and Stockings

DSCF4834
Little hands loving her creation.

This was a super fun project. The silicon molds work perfectly. To make them, you simply preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Strip your crayons, and then sort them into your molds. You can do all the same color or multiples. Whatever suits your fancy. In my opinion, no more than 3 colors works the best. Once you have them sorted, put the molds on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. Let them cool, pop them out and color. Be careful though, if you pop them out before they are cool enough you will crack the crayon. But then you can just re-bake it!!!

I can't wait to buy other molds.


No comments: