Sunday, August 2, 2009

Notebook Covers

Okay...so I found this super cute mini composition books while looking for school supplies for my kids.

DSCF4471

Aren't they adorable?


I knew that they had to have a cover.

So I spent hours this weekend working on some sort of cover for them.

And this is what I came up with.

DSCF4472

I made one for each of the kids and one for me that matches my Margaret Bag.

DSCF4473

The inside.

I must say. It takes a while to actually make something you see in your head. Following a pattern is so much easier. But I think it was well worth the experience.

The kids love them. I love mine.

Now I may have to work on a cover for the full size Composition books I purchased.

3 comments:

Leighann said...

awesome!!

Sarah said...

Wow! These look great! See, this is how it happens. You think of something you would like to make and then, bam, you just come up with a way to make it happen. Not so crazy after all!

holynickel said...

In the words of Lola....It is just two rectangles!!! hehehehe