Saturday, January 24, 2009

My children love muffins for breakfast. Unfortunately, the boys won't eat them with fruit in them....unless it is pumpkin (which I do realize it is a vegetable. hmmm....or is it a fruit?). So when I came across this Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffin recipe at Tammy's Recipes. I knew I had to try it.

So here is my version of Tammy's recipe:

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 can pumpkin
3 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 to 3/4 cup milk (i kinda guessed this)
1 cup butterscotch chips
You could add a cup of nuts too. My kids don't go for cooked nuts.

1. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.

2. Mix the wet ingredients in a small bowl.

3. Combine the two bowls and mix until just moistened. (You may want to add more milk here if it seems to dry).

4. Place in a greased muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

This makes about 18 muffins.

btw...according to this article pumpkin is a fruit...and so are green beans...who knew?

No comments: